Thursday, August 19, 2010

Does Allstate cover rental cars?

I have Allstate insurance for my SUV. I live in NY. I'm looking on my coverage and it says NY Rental Vehicle Coverage Endorsement. Does this mean that Allstate cover a rental vehicle if I rent one?Does Allstate cover rental cars?
In general:





If you have collision and comprehensive coverage on your car- if you rent a car- the collision/comp coverage on your car will protect the rental car. This means, you do not have to purchase the insurance from the rental company (at a cost of 12-15 per day).





If you have the rental reimbursement endorsement, that means, if your vehicle is damaged in a covered loss your policy will pay for a rental car - per the policy terms.





Your best source of information about your policy is your agent. They will be able to explain exactly what the endorsement on your policy covers.Does Allstate cover rental cars?
Yes.........you have the endorsement.

0 comments:

Post a Comment