Thursday, August 19, 2010

Just wondering.....with all the changes to airline travel and rental cars,I need to know, can I charge airline

tickets and a rental car to my credit card for my boyfriends trip to a family event next year? I do not plan on going with him, and I know that most of the rental car companies are no longer accepting debit cards for rental cars, they told us last time that they were phasing that out. So what I need to know has anyone booked a trip for a family member using a credit card and were there any difficulties?Just wondering.....with all the changes to airline travel and rental cars,I need to know, can I charge airline
No credit card is the easiest way to go and I have been able to purchase airline tickets for my mother-in-law using my own credit card no problem. Put the ticket in her name but your name for the credit card. I wouldn't book too far ahead in advance though unless you are using frequent flier miles - rates often drop over time. If you book 6 months out, you'll pay the standard ';book'; rate which is high. Wait till 6 weeks before the trip and check the rates then and again at 3-4 weeks before if the rates are still high.





For the rental car, you can reserve it with your card, but when he picks it up, he'll need his own credit card.Just wondering.....with all the changes to airline travel and rental cars,I need to know, can I charge airline
Use a Visa Card and make sure that the name of the person going is given to the airline and car rental agency when booking.

0 comments:

Post a Comment