Sunday, August 22, 2010

Am I required to get rental car insurance if I don't have my own auto insurance?

I am planning to sell my car and cancel my auto insurance. If I want to rent a car, am I required to buy their rental car insurance, since I wouldn't have any other auto insurance otherwise?Am I required to get rental car insurance if I don't have my own auto insurance?
Yes Yes and Yes! It's very important to have rental insurance. Let's say you park the car on the street, and come back and its side swipped. They are going to come after you for it But if you have insurance, it should cover it.Am I required to get rental car insurance if I don't have my own auto insurance?
http://carquotes.50webs.org - try this one. I have their car insurance and, as I know, they can provide such a service.

Report Abuse



you don't need to have auto insurance to rent a car. but you will most likely have to purchase there insurance. even if they dont require you to purchase it i would suggest doing so cuz you never know what might happen. its pretty cheap to no more than a few bucks a day for the minimum.
Yes, they will not let you drive the car without insurance.
I might be wrong but I think you have to have auto insurance to rent a car. I remember haveing to give my auto insurance card to the agent when I rented a car.
Rental cars come with basic insurance. If you want to be covered for any damage which might be your fault, take the additional coverage. No, it's not required, but if you run into a tree you would pay out of pocket to get it fixed.
Yeah, you are require to get it just in case you get in a car accident, but go talk to your insurance, even though you sell your car, you should keep the insurance and use that towards the rental car, it's cheaper than renter insurance.
depends on where you are located, most likey yes. It actually shouldn't cost much though.
no i don't think so, i've rented 2 times before i have auto insurance, but it doesn't cover their car...give me a break they sell seperate insurance to cover their car. but my insurance covers the daily fee for the car. not to insure it.
I'm not sure if it is required, but I would recommend it. Other wise you are responsible for any damage to the rental vehicle.
you have to carry some type of insurance on the rental car. If you don't have your own policy that the car can go under, you will have to purchase the rental insurance through the rental agency.
just to be safe, i would, but make sure you know what you're getting, also, take pics of the rental car, all over , and with the agent in the pics. Guarantee this is Very important. Save your paperwork for 1 year later. Just in case!

0 comments:

Post a Comment