Sunday, August 22, 2010

What Rental Car place will let me drive from California to Washington?

I want to drive up to Washington so my boyfriend can visit his brother, but the rental car place I've seen do not allow you to drive the car past Washington or Nevada. Can anyone tell me any (cheap) places that will allow me to drive that far?








p.s. I know I can lie and drive there anyway, but I'd rather not!What Rental Car place will let me drive from California to Washington?
If you drive out of state in a local rental, the car place can charge you with auto theft if they want.





Try avis, hertz, dollar. They all offer one way rentals or just more mileage with a weekly rental. But you will still have to pay if you have used more miles than your agreement...What Rental Car place will let me drive from California to Washington?
Dollar has always given me unlimited mileage and has not given me a problem driving between states. I drove from Arizona to Yellowstone and back in a Dollar van. I drove from Phoenix to LA and back in a Dollar van and had to exchange it in San Diego due to engine problems. They never gave me a hassle nor did they ever tack on extra charges. When they say unlimited miles they must mean it. The guy below me doesn't know what he's talking about. I've rented from Dollar all over the US and have yet to be restricted by state. Here is Dollar's general policy:





Geographic Limitations: At most locations, driving is restricted to the continental United States and Canada. A Canadian resident is prohibited from driving a U.S. owned vehicle into Canada. Please refer to the Local Policies for specific information regarding geographic limitations at the location where you intend to rent a DOLLAR vehicle.





Basically you need to check your local Dollar rental locations.
Car agencies are beginning to equip their cars with GPS, so they'd know if you left the state.





A lot of them (and sorry, I don't know the individual companies) will allow you to do that, but will attach a hefty surcharge. I do know that Dollar doesn't allow out of state.





That being said, it might even be cheaper to fly up there and rent a car when you get there.
Here's a web site you can check for yourself. http://www.jomatravel.com click ';Book Travel';

0 comments:

Post a Comment