Friday, July 16, 2010

Do rental cars need inspection stickers?

I am from NH and rented a car for a vacation. I didn't want to put all those miles on my own car. It had RI plates and I noticed there had been no inspection stickers on any of their cars. They had different state plates on all of them. I was just curious if they are required to have inspection stickers? I was just curious what would have happened had I been stopped with having a license from a different state than on the car and with no inspection sticker. Thanks....Do rental cars need inspection stickers?
If the state in which the vehicle is registered requires inspection, the car will have inspection stickers. Believe me, the rental companies don't need any problems, they make sure their registrations and inspections are up-to-date.


Cars can move from state to state via one-way rentals, or the rental company may move vehicles around to deal with expected demand. I was recently in Wisconsin and rented a car for the weekend I was there; I know my car did not have WI plates, I think they were Illinois or Missouri or something like that.


If you'd been stopped, there would not have been a problem with the out-of-state registration or lack of inspection sticker any more than I would have an issue bringing my car with CT plates into NH (we only have emissions testing, not inspections, and there isn't a visible sticker, just a paper to keep in the vehicle).

0 comments:

Post a Comment