Saturday, July 10, 2010

Do you beat the hell out of rental cars?

I don't beat the hell out of them but a Geo Prizm *WILL* do 110mph in the Nevada desert at nearly 5000 feet above sea level.Do you beat the hell out of rental cars?
I'm still laughing at Gearbox's answer, usually I'm extra gentle on the customers cars, especially the ones that come in for a brake noise or something and want you to drive it, and upon hopping in the driver's seat you realize the door handles are glued on, shifter knob full of electrical tape, so many squeaks, pops, and rattles that you can't even hear the brakes. The transmission is slipping and the MIL is blinking in your face, I'm just praying this thing makes it back to the shop before it falls apart, so they can't come back and say ';You broke my such and such, it wasn't like that before I brought it here!'; Proper documentation BEFORE repair is critical. lol I run the crap out of the programs though, and try to punch the pedal through the sheetmetal, Why?, because I want it to break with me driving and not the customer we sell it to.





Most of the rental fleets do their own repairs, and are factory certified to do so. They usually arrive back at the dealer to be resold in pretty good shape, some are abused, and you can tell it, those we send back to the auction. Nine out of ten will have had some form of body repair, some good, some horrible. We sell a ton of the program tauruses, even my father has a program, but most of these cars are designed well, and can take a little abuse.Do you beat the hell out of rental cars?
ok - good - now that you know... be safe and don't.
if you beat the hell out of rental cars, make sure you have rental insurance on the car, either covered by yr credit card or buy it direct from rental car agency
no because my dad is a rental car guy
No as a mechanic..I rather do it in a customers car instead cause when it breaks they are already there and pay me to fix it (sarcasm) LOL LOL LOL





Truthfully before anyone gets offended and mad and reports me to AAA,the FBI, and Yahoo ..It's a very sarcastic joke.... I don't disrespect other peoples property like that but sometimes you have to as a mechanic to duplicate what a customer is complaining about.... In a past life,for example, I had a cop car that the guy who drived it complained (It only vibrates above 110 mph).. Cop in the passenger seat..got to find out for myself:-)








and BTW... Yesterday's rental is today's program car
I don't
like a red headed stepchild.
yea, i want to disrespect other peoples property because i just don't care. and besides ';everyone does it'; and finally my religion allows me to confess so i can do it without worry


you are a sorry piece of shap/crit.
I have respect for someone else's property
i always dog em , and who would think a geo could break a 100? that's the fun of it, see what they can do.
all the time

0 comments:

Post a Comment