Friday, July 16, 2010

Do rental cars ever come with built-in DVD players?

Yeah, so I'm actually thinking of driving my family from Central Illinois to Phoenix, AZ to attend my brother-in-law's wedding. I figure we'll save about $400 so I think it makes sense. But I want to find a rental (min-van, preferably) that has DVD players built in for my 7 and 2 year-old kids. Is this possible? I can't find rental cars with DVD players advertised anywhere on the internet and the salespeople I've talked to on the phone havent given me any info. Is the idea of driving the 24 hour stretch in the relative comfort and peace two DVD players on the back of our seats would allow just a pipe dream?Do rental cars ever come with built-in DVD players?
Avis and Budget do have some minivans with DVD. In some cases the Dodge Grand Carvan and Town and Country have them. BUT MAKE SURE YOU KNOW THAT THERE IS NO GUARANTEE YOU WILL GET 1 WITH A DVD. i work at a budget rental place in missouri and we have a few of them with dvd. Make sure when u book it you have the person put in remerks request DVD.Do rental cars ever come with built-in DVD players?
You can rent minivans with backseat DVD players. Ask around.





You can also buy a ';portable'; DVD player with screen hanging from back of your seat. Almost the same idea.





I've even seen a company that will rent full-size vans with a complete X-Box w/ screen and about 10 games inside. :)
I rent from AVIS all the time. I have had blazers and Vans with DVD players in them.


Make your reservation ahead of time and ask for one with. Then if you don't get it go back and tell them so and they will make it right. AVIS would.


Since you are picking it up from your home town you might try Enterprise in person. or go to the Airport in person they way the folks who actually rent them know what they have.
I would say to just call around to car rental places in your city and ask them about getting a mini van with a DVD player in it because you have 2 kids. Or you could also try a SUV. I know you said minivan but I'm sure some SUV's have them as well.
  • mask making
  • expensive makeup
  • 0 comments:

    Post a Comment